November 30 through December 2, 2012 will be a weekend packed full of activities and festivities! Holly Folly is sponsored by the Provincetown Business Guild (PBG) to help in efforts to develop P-Town both economically and culturally so that we can continue to be THE choice destination for members, family, and friends of the GLBT community. It is in both this spirit, and the spirit of the Holiday Season, that the Distinctive Inns of Provincetown invite and welcome you to this fun early-winter weekend!
The event starts off right with the Shop Hop on Friday, November 30, 2012. If you couldn’t make it here for the weekend after Thanksgiving, this is truly the time to come shop P-Town! You can find everything from housewares to clothing, kitschy souvenir stocking-stuffers to lavish gifts, and toys to… well, TOYS! Take all your receipts to the Welcome Center where your totals will be tallied and you will receive entries into drawings for one of three prize baskets! Consider bringing or purchasing a toy for the toy drive!
Friday evening brings many activity options throughout town, including:
- The Jest and Jazz Evening at the Town Hall with Loretta Laroche and Kenny Wenzel. Sponsored by our very own group member Lands End Inn, Loretta will have you rolling in the aisles, and Kenny’s group will feature both jazz favorites, and singers from the area. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Baobab Home in Tanzania, East Africa: providing orphanage care and efforts to place these children, a breakfast program for those with HIV in the town, outreach care for those in need, and school sponsorship to several troubled children and teens – all while increasing awareness of the HIV/AIDS crisis that the town currently faces.
- Holiday Sing-A-Long at the Gifford House Inn’s Porchside Bar with Casey and Denise.
- ‘Tis The Season For Giving show benefiting the Cape Cod Aids Support Group at the Paramount. Enjoy local performers and join in the annual raffle for some great prizes.
- Boston Gay Men’s Chorus Official Welcome Party at the Brass Key’s Shipwreck Lounge. Meet-and-greet with these great singers!
- The Snow Ball at the Atlantic House. This PBG fundraiser features dancing to tunes spun by DJ Davis LaSalle in true Holiday spirit.
Saturday December 1, 2012 brings so many activities that it’s difficult to name them all! (Not to say we won’t try.)
- Shop Hop, Day 2
- Ornaments for Outreach Sale – a silent auction to benefit the Lower Cape Outreach Council at Blue Gallery. Ornament Preview begins at 10am, and bidding is on choice order to take one of the gorgeous ornaments home with you.
- Mr. and Ms. Santa Photo Op at Song of Myself Photography. Take home a great photo memory of your trip in support of the Aids Support Group of Cape Cod, and Helping Our Women.
- Souper Saturday afternoon event to benefit the Soup Kitchen in Provincetown. An array of soups from area restaurants are available for just $5 per bowl.
- Holly Folly Inn Stroll: a Holiday open-house event featuring a dozen beautifully-decorated inns, including our own Carpe Diem Guesthouse and Spa, Prince Albert Guest House, and White Wind Inn.
- Holiday Drag Bingo – play bingo in your favorite drag attire (with a Holiday twist, of course)! This fundraiser benefits the Cape and Islands PFLAG (Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) division and the PBG.
- Holly Folly Sing-A-Long, Round 2 at the Porchside Bar.
- Holiday Karaoke at the Atlantic House: Prepare to belt out your favorite seasonal songs!
- Boston Gay Men’s Chorus performance at Town Hall. Tickets are on sale now at the PBG Office, and will also be available during this weekend at the Old Firehouse.
- Performance and Sing-A-Long with Doug Repetti at Central House.
- The Wave Bar’s Retro Active Video Lounge featuring both music and comedy videos for dancing, laughter, and merriment.
Sunday, December 2 finds the weekend winding down with some last-minute activities:
- 1 Mile Reindeer Run/Walk. Wear your antlers in support of Camp Lightbulb: a week-long summer camp right here in P-Town for LGBT teens between the ages of 16 and 18. The Run/Walk begins and ends at Mews Restaurant.
- Drag Brunch at Bayside Betsy’s – dress to the nines and enjoy some delicious food!!!
- Shop Hop, Day 3
- Gregg’s Cookie Party: Come to the Porchside Bar and enjoy decorations, treats, the fireplace, and libations from the cash bar.
- Holly Folly Classic Disco Night: The Atlantic House again welcomes you to dance the night away to fun 70’s sounds!
For more information on any of the activities listed above, including times, directions, and fees/covers, visit the PBG website.
Throughout the weekend, you’ll notice that much of the town is lit up at night. The Holly Folly Holiday Lighting Contest offers prizes to the top two Residential, Commercial, Lobster Trap, and Restaurant displays. Many in our community take this challenge very seriously, meaning you will be treated to some magnificent decorating and lighting displays throughout town! So if you need a break from all the nightlife, you can enjoy the twinkling beauty of the decorating efforts!
Don’t let the threat of colder weather scare you away from the tip of Cape Cod this year! Holly Folly is the perfect reason to visit in preparation for all the gift-giving and celebration that December brings. We can’t wait to see you!
The Innkeepers of The Distinctive Inns of Provincetown