You don’t have to be in Rio to enjoy Carnival… just head out to the tip of Cape Cod and let Provincetown show you just how much fun it can be! From August 18-24, 2013, Provincetown displays its brightest colors during our own Viva Las Vegas! 35th Annual Carnival Week festivities!
Both girls and guys are guaranteed an unforgettably good time when Provincetown springs to wild-and-crazy life with an abundance of happenings. Pre-purchase tickets are available, so reserve your spot at your favorite gatherings:
- Rehab Pool Party at 67 Bradford Street – $10
- Vendor Fair at 260 Commercial Street (Bas Relief Park) from 12-4pm, featuring arts and crafts by local artisans
- Carnivals Original Costume Party: Don’t be Yourself with costume contest and cash prizes at 161 Commercial Street (The Boatslip) – $10
Tuesday, August 20, 2013
- Hound Dog Party at 7 Winthrop Street (Watership Inn) from 3-5pm – $10
- Mirage Boat Cruise at MacMillan Pier from 5:30-9pm – $25
- Luck Be a Lady Sailing Cruise at MacMillan Pier from 6:30-8:30pm – $51 (part of proceeds go to PBG & Girl Power)
- So Gay Dance Party at 6 Masonic Place from 10pm-1am – $10 (part of proceeds benefit PBG)
Wednesday, August 21, 2013
- Jubilee Drag Bingo at 236 Commercial Street (Unitarian Universalist Meeting House) starting at 6:30 pm – $24 (a fundraising benefit for the UU Church)
- Tropicana Las Vegas GLAM Clambake at 247 Commercial Street (Crown & Anchor) beginning at 5:30pm – $55-75 (part of proceeds benefit PBG)
- Girl Party: Flamingo A-Go-Go Dance Party at 193 Commerical Street (The Pied Bar) from 9:30pm-1am – $10 (part of proceeds benefit PBG)
- Sin City Leather Dance party at 11 Carver Street (Club Purgatory) from 10:30pm-1am – $5 (part of proceeds benefit PBG)
Thursday, August 22, 2013
- The Carnival Parade along Commercial Street from 3-5:30pm. Keep watch for the final float which announces next year’s theme!
And if this week of activities isn’t enough, Friday brings a Drag Brunch, Kate Clinton show, Circus Circus Dance Party, Girl Party, and Black-and-Red Dance party. Why not make an entire long-week so you can truly kick back, be yourself, and enjoy the festivities? The Distinctive Inns of Provincetown welcome you!
~ The Innkeepers of The Distinctive Inns of Provincetown