It doesn’t have to be Halloween for you to find thrills and chills here in Provincetown. You can come to the tip of Cape Cod and find nightlife of an entirely different sort!
Like so many other historic places, Provincetown has its fair share of history… meaning that we also have our fair share of spirits. In fact, we have enough of it here that Ghost Hunters’ Adam Berry got his start right here on our shores by founding the Provincetown Paranormal Research Society!
Commercial Street seems to be the hotbed of area activity, although there are plenty of other locations to visit at which you might not be alone. Some of the more well-known sites include:
- Carpe Diem Guesthouse – our own DIOP member boasts stories of Victorian residents
- Lancey Mansion – with a rather morbid past, this house might also have a lady in black
- Martin House – once a restaurant, this building is said to be haunted by several spirits
- Provincetown Cemetery (aka Hamilton Cemetery) – where ghostly voices have been heard via EVP and unexplained lights and orbs are recorded regularly
- Provincetown Library – old clocks move mysteriously, and it may be the doings of long-gone Captain Perry
- Unitarian Universalist Meeting House – said to have a ghostly choir and Colonial women in-house
- Whydah Pirate Museum – treasure brought up from the historic ship may have also brought a notorious pirate captain with it
These are just a few of many more hot spots in our town. You’re welcome to walk to walk past these locations on your own. However, if you are interested in being shown and told more, we recommend Provincetown Ghost Tours. Their guided walking tours around town are available from the end of June through Labor Day Weekend (Thursday through Monday) at 9pm, and on select off-season days. You can either drop in and take a chance on obtaining a place on a tour, or you can make reservations by visiting their website, calling 508-487-4810, or via email at email@example.com. Tours begin at The Coffee Pot and cost $15 for Adults and $10 for children 12 and under (cash only).
Provincetown is a great destination for spooky fun at any time of the year. Take a haunted tour, talk to your Distinctive Inns of Provincetown innkeeper for stories, talk to some locals, and just get out there and see what you can find!