Ladies, get ready: it is once again your turn to take over Provincetown when Women’s Week commences this October 13-19, 2014. Come help celebrate the 30-year Anniversary of this beloved annual event!
Since 1984, Women’s Week has been the premiere female-oriented event of the fall season for socializing, entertainment, shopping, tours, workshops, culture and more. The Distinctive Inns of Provincetown Innkeepers welcome you all and look forward to hosting you here in town!
Although Women’s Week officially runs only seven days, there are a full 10 days of activities to enjoy from the Friday prior to the event through the event itself. Some highlights include:
– “The Further Adventures Of…” tells the story of a lesbian writer’s discovery of the same-sex culture in Hollywood.
– “Baby Mama: One Woman’s Quest to Give Her Child to Gay People” is fairly self-explanatory, although the journey is a touching one.
– “Advanced Style” tells the true story of a selection of women living in New York
– “Tru Love” is a romantic film of two Canadian women
– “Letter to Anita” documents love and loss through a life-changing letter
– Lisa Ferraro and Erika Luckett create amazing music to nourish your soul.
– Provincetown’s own Bobby Wetherbee tickles the ivories.
– Persephone’s Daughters perform “The Sum of Us”
– Blues vocalist Lisa Marie, Cris Williamson, Tret Fure, June Somers Band, Janis Ian, Emily Nyman and Lynn Berry, and more all perform live.
Tea Dances, club dancing, a 70’s dance…
Poppy Camplin, Jennie McNulty and Thirsty Burlington, Maggie Cassella, Kristen Becker, Kate Clinton, July Novak, Suzanne Westenhoefer, Mimi Gonzalez…
Photography, writing, filmmaking presentation, home-buying as a same-sex couple, cooking, song-writing, poetry readings, 12-step meeting, drumming…
Kickoff party, football party, welcome receptions, and more.
Schooner sails, clam-bakes, dune tours, bonfires, Conker Championship, touch football, book signings, craft fair, fish fry, sing-alongs, wet t-shirt contest…
And this huge variety of activities listed above are just SOME of the options available throughout the week! Many performances and some activities are scheduled on multiple days to give attendees several opportunities to enjoy the fun. A full schedule can be found at the Women’s Week website.
And of course there are the sights and shops around Provincetown that you can visit during your “downtime”… although we’re willing to bet you’ll have too much fun to worry about being a tourist!
Women’s Week has truly become an epic event full of friendship, acceptance, and more fun than you’ll have all year! We hope to see you on our shores this October!